Landlord's Insurance

Things happen when you least expect it...

Buy to let property insurance policy offers you protection for your buy to let property and it’s contents.

Landlords insurance for buildings and contents would normally include as standard:

  • loss or damage arising as a result of fire, storm, flood, falling trees, theft, malicious acts or vandalism

  • Up to £40,000 for your loss of rent or for providing alternative accommodation for the tenant following damage caused by an insured event. 

  • legal liability as owner of the buildings for causing injury to others or for damage to their property up to £2,000,000 for any one claim 

  • home emergency cover - with buildings insurance you can get up to £150 home emergency cover for call out fees, labour costs and materials to make the home safe after an emergency such as a burst pipe or break in.

Contents only cover is normally only available in circumstances where the building is tied to another insurer, such as in the case of a leasehold flat.

High risk property such as TV’s, pictures works of art and clocks or property belonging to, or the responsibility of, the tenant are not normally covered.

In the event of a claim, you would normally pay a policy excess, examples are:

£100 for each and every claim; or
£250 in the event of escape of water, and (if chosen) accidental damage or malicious damage bytenants
£1,000 or in the case of subsidence, heave or landslip 

Landlords Insurance additional cover options

With Landlords Insurance, you can normally tailor your policy with the following optional cover:

  • buildings accidental damage and malicious damage by tenants to cover you for incidents such as banging a nail through a pipe or putting a foot through the ceiling whilst in the loft and malicious damage by your tenants.

  • contents accidental damage and malicious damage by tenants so you don’t have to worry about things such as spills on carpets and malicious damage by your tenants. 

  • legal expenses, rent guarantee and eviction of squatters cover insures you for irrecoverable costs and fees to pursue or defend claims involving breach of tenancy agreement and unpaid rent in excess of one month and up to 12 months. The maximum amount payable for legal expenses and unpaid rent in any 12 month period of cover is £50,000.

Please note that Landlords Insurance is designed to cover certain unforeseen events and doesn't cover everything. It does not cover things like general wear and tear or damage that happens gradually over a period of time. There is also an excess on each claim.

More Information

This is only a summary of cover.  Limitations and exclusions apply.  Please see the Landlords Insurance Policy Booklet for full details, this is available on request.

Cover is not normally available for homes let to housing associations, local authorities, asylum seekers, refugees or students, holiday homes or for properties in Northern Ireland.

For insurance business we arrange policies from a carefully selected panel of insurers.

As with all Insurance Policies, conditions and exclusions will apply.



Leave your details with us, and we'll call you back

Details submitted through this form are confidential. We will process any personal information collected in this form in accordance with our Privacy notice.
The information therein is used only to contact you to discuss the areas you've expressed an interest in.

Please note the contents of this form is sent via email and therefore may not be secure.